The Randori-no-kata is the first kata in the BAA Grading syllabus. The kata has the following four sections:
The Atemi Waza is a set of five techniques that are classified as striking techniques.
- Shomen Ate: Strike from the Front
- Aigamae Ate: Strike from Same Posture
- Gyakugamae Ate: Strike from Reverse Posture
- Gedan Ate: Strike from Low Level
- Ushiro Ate: Strike from Behind
The Hiji Waza is a set of five techniques that are classified as elbow techniques.
- Oshi Taoshi: Pushing Topple
- Ude Gaeshi: Arm Reversal
- Hiki Taoshi: Pulling Topple
- Ude Hineri: Arm Twist
- Waki Gatame: Fixing the Side
The Tekubi Waza is a set of four techniques that are classified as wrist techniques.
- Kote Hineri: Wrist Twist
- Kote Gaeshi: Wrist Reversal
- Tenkai Kote Hineri: Rotating Wrist Twist
- Tenkai Kote Gaeshi: Rotating Wrist Reversal
The Uki Waza is a set of three techniques that are classified as floating techniques.
- Mae Otoshi: Front Drop
- Sumi Otoshi: Corner Drop
- Hiki Otoshi: Pulling Drop